Full results can be found here.

• wjs018@ani.socialOPM
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    6 months ago

Dangers in My Heart continues its run at the top this week. 7th Time Loop is the big surprise to me. I would not have expected a villainess series to do so well. The other villainess series, Villainess Level 99, is at 12th this week. So, it is a strong showing for the genre.

• wjs018@ani.socialOPM
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      6 months ago

I am an anime-only for the series and I thought that the first episode was a bit unbalanced. On one hand it tried to portray a dark story about a character death and rescue mission and on the other it had these extended, silly cooking sequences. However, after the first episode and we get familiar with the characters it has been much better.

This one is very much an ensemble show in that there is no one main character, but instead it is the adventuring party of four that take turns as main characters depending on the story that is happening at any given time. A show like that lives or dies on how good the characters/chemistry are, but both are very well done in this show. Add to the great characters some great animation by Studio Trigger and it is a show I can recommend.

• zabadoh@ani.social
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      6 months ago

I’m also an anime-only.

The first 2 episodes were a bit rough, but I’m hoping that the 3rd episode is more in line as to what the rest of the show is like:

Some creative re-thinking about some standard dungeon tropes, and how to eat them.

It’s definitely not what I was expecting from a Studio Trigger show, so don’t expect that.

Some shows the writing is just like that and it takes 3-5 episodes for the plot to really get going.