I loved Paripi Koumei/Ya Boy Kongming and how the great music was integrated into the plot.

So I was looking forward somewhat to Girls Band Cry next season because obviously it’s going to have music.

Then I was doing more research into next season’s shows, and found the linked page, which had 4 songs and music videos for GBC.

The first song Nameless Name sounded like generic rock pop. The CG characters supposedly rocking on a stage, looked stupid and low budget, and left me cold

The second song no rhyme nor reason I found similarly boring, and the hand drawn animation aesthetic was better, but the visual themes I found very derivative of Noragami’s awesome S1 OP complete with black and white punctuated by color, a light rail station, and closeups of train and traffic signals. But of course with worse music.

The 3rd song, white drizzle in gloom I couldn’t get through

The 4th song Ideal Paradox was the best of the lot combining a decent tune, with an 8 bit background riff, good vocals. The visuals had an effective and pleasing art style, but the song went on a bit too long and lost me towards the end.

To be honest, I feel that way about the almost all of the full versions of OP/ED themes that I listen to after becoming familiarized with the shortened versions of those songs as OPs/EDs, and I can’t handle the 2nd verse, so maybe a shorter version of Ideal Paradox will work as an OP/ED.

So Girls Band Cry… hmmm… :-/

I’m now feeling more cautious towards this one mostly because the music isn’t outstanding, and what I see of the artistic vision of the show just doesn’t seem to work.