Previous Thread

It’s time for a new general discussion thread! Hot takes, recommendations, questions, cautionary tales, all of it is welcome here.

As always, remember to be mindful of spoilers. If you want to know more about how to handle spoilers in this community, check the guide here (also linked in the sidebar).

• wjs018@ani.socialOPM
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    16 hours ago

Been slammed with work this past week, but I managed to keep up with most of the seasonal shows I have been watching this season.

• Orb: On the Movements of the Earth - This continues to be my favorite seasonal show of the Fall. I also saw that we are likely to get a complete adaptation of the source since this is running for 25 episodes. I am looking forward to more.
    • Dan Da Dan - This show continues to be an absolute delight. You never know what is going to happen week to week. The gorgeous animation has been a feast for the eyes as well.
    • Loner Life Isekai - This has managed to keep my interest so far. It doesn’t reinvent the isekai wheel at all, but the characters are likeable enough. Also, I have realized I don’t remember as much of the beginning of this story as I thought.
    • Negative Positive Angler - Lots of potential in this series, but it is taking things slow. I really hope that this one pays off.
    • 365 Days to the Wedding - Super cute episode this past week. I hope we see more of Claudia going forward and that she wasn’t just introduced this episode to never appear again.
    • Villainess Who Goes Down in History - I wonder what the MC’s definition of a villainess is sometimes all the time. Of what I have been watching, this is probably the one most on the chopping block. It has its humorous moments though, so I am hoping that they come more frequently after the time skip of this past episode.
    • Appraisal Isekai Season 2 - This series continues to simply be a competently executed isekai with a fairly straightforward premise. This is far from the only isekai to have an appraisal theme (this series is specifically skill appraisal). However, it proves that you don’t need some kind of novel gimmick, but just some well-written characters put in interesting situations.
    • Tower of God Season 2 - What can I say about this series other than that I am still watching in spite of the studio’s best efforts. I really like the characters in this show, but the plot has been a bit confusing recently, and the animation has been quite poor. So, I am hoping that they can at least deliver on some fun character moments.

Meta note: Next week’s thread is going to be the best OP/ED thread for the season. So, start thinking about it!