• 5 Posts
  • 22 Comments
Joined 1 year ago
cake
Cake day: June 4th, 2023

help-circle

• For context, we were recovering all VMs from a failed storage array. It seemed logical at the time to restore all VMs from the last DR Image. I see now for DCs that is not the case, and you should always do a force removal (which I thought was a last resort, but seems to actually be the first resort unless you’re doing a scheduled migration), and rebuild. This took longer than bringing the VM back up, but we did manage to rebuild from scratch and it did resolve the issue (obviously).

• I watched the first episode of Sugar Apple Fairy Tale, and then kind of had a blog post that trashed it for whitewashing slavery took my enjoyment out of it. But now the second season is also highly rated - I wonder if I should go back and watch it?

The Most Heretical Last Boss Queen - the top MAL comment kind of strikes me as likely: “This anime is a cheap copy of My Next Life as a Villainess.” If you’re watching this, what makes this worth watching if I’ve already seen that?

Also, is MAL just overly negative in their ratings?

• I found the vending machine one to be strangely interesting in a stereotypical kind of way. Kenshin I’ll probably drop, seemed like a direct copy or close enough of the original and live action movies. I liked My Happy Marrige a lot more than I expected and really need to see the next episode to make a determination. I really didn’t like The girl I like forgot her glasses. The production is… something, and not in a good way. And the story isn’t catching me.

• Hate to say it, but I found Kaguya-Sama way overhyped. I mean, it’s a solid A- of a show for me, but I’ve definitely enjoyed other genre shows more and found them way more humorous (like My Dress Up Darling). Not saying it’s bad, but I was pretty let down by how nothing much happened and it was not super funny to me for whatever reason.

• Honestly, I’ve been saying I’ll still be on reddit for the sysadmin sub for work, at least as long as old.reddit.com exists cause I’m at a PC when I’m working. But I looked at the sub today and realized - like with /r/news … there’s way less posts and content than there used to be.

And what is posted there is low interest. Also, IDK if I’ve “leveled up” (like 7 years ago TBH), but my problems I’d be pushed to post about usually fly completely over the heads of most other posters on that sub. So it’s not even valuable to me in solving problems unless I happen to hit on like 3 other posters who are actually as or more experienced as I am. Otherwise I get silence or “generic responses” I already know that isn’t actually helpful.

So… I’m starting to think I won’t miss much from that sub either. And I already had other time wasters.

I hope we get some more users on here, and people who are higher skilled (is the fediverse a "you must be this techie to ask questions filter?).