• zabadoh@ani.social
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    7 months ago

In the eyecatcher, we get a look at the Hellhorde Torturer’s office bulletin board, which has a newsletter thumbtacked on it

Later, in Vanilla’s bedroom, we get a closer look and a translation of the newsletter on the bulletin board

The newsletter is very cute, and makes me wonder if this is a typical Japanese office newsletter, or whether it’s in the style of one you might find in a school.

• wjs018@ani.socialOPM
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    7 months ago

The beginning of the episode focused on the trials and tribulations of becoming a torturer and bringing smiles to peoples’ faces (apparently). Our aspiring torturers learned a valuable lesson in that you need to understand your subject in order to find out their weakness. And of course it turns out that the weakness of Hell Lord is his darling daughter Maomao. Also, I didn’t want to skip by it, did the princess have a Tony Stark style implant in her chest? WTF?

Our princess also learned from Master Mama about the joy that can be derived from walking as one wishes. I certainly wish that the late night shops near me had things that were as tasty as the food I have gotten from convenience stores in Japan. Also, the fact that the constellations line up with what we see on Earth, they are on the same planet as you and I. Does this show take place in our past? future? parallel world? The mystery deepens… Or it doesn’t and is just for fun. One of those.

Finally, we got an amusement park segment. Watching Vanilla struggle with the roller coaster brought back a lot of memories for me. All the way back in high school, I had a first date with a girl that was at an amusement park. We went on a roller coaster together and she ended up throwing up. It didn’t work out…but I am glad it is working out for the friendship between Princess and Vanilla.

• jherazob@beehaw.org
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      7 months ago

It was a direct reference to Iron Man 1, Tony and his burger after being “rescued”, I suspect a Japanese pun was involved 😂

• wjs018@ani.socialOPM
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        7 months ago

Ah! I should have thought of that. My brain didn’t connect that the burger part of the reference. Thank you! That part just seemed so random and I didn’t get it.