• AutoTL;DR@lemmings.worldB
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    4 days ago

This is the best summary I could come up with:

Arrow McLaren Racing is making another driver lineup change and will replace former Indianapolis 500 winner Alexander Rossi with Christian Lundgaard next season.

The 22-year-old Danish driver will leave Rahal Letterman Lanigan, the team that brought him out of the Formula 1 ladder to IndyCar for one race in 2021 and then signed him to a full-time deal in the American open wheel series.

Ultimately, team principal Gavin Ward and Rossi’s manager father, Pieter, told The Associated Press, the two sides could not agree to terms.

The change will be the fifth for McLaren since two-time IndyCar champion Alex Palou late last season breached his contract with the team and decided to remain at Chip Ganassi Racing.

In the meantime, Palou was going to replace Felix Rosenqvist, who left anyway and joined Meyer Shank Racing, where he is ninth in the standings and having a career resurgence.

“Christian has had proven success in his few seasons racing in the series, and he checks the boxes for what we’re looking for in speed and potential alongside Pato and Nolan,” Ward said.

The original article contains 868 words, the summary contains 180 words. Saved 79%. I’m a bot and I’m open source!